Sunday, July 5, 2015

phifertex

So I love working with phifertex!  We used the 70% white for the aft deck shown in previous posts, but chose the 90% for everything else.  All house windows, galley windows, and windshield have 90% phifertex in white covering them.  Thanks to my Sailrite sewing machine, and Sailrite.com, I was able to create cool lovelyness on Hope's exterior while making the interior brighter, cooler, and more open.  There is a nice sleek look in the salon now.  The visual weight of the interior curtains was too much.  I think this was a much needed change.  You can still see out just enough to avoid a claustrophobic feel too.

I might as well point out the exterior paint as well.  I repainted the exterior (most of it) last summer with Awl Grip.  I just used the roll and tip method and as you can see, a year later, it's shiny and beautiful!  We should get close to 10 more years out of that paint.  Yeah!











No comments:

Post a Comment